SLT positions at Leading Independent Children’s practice The Expressive Child, in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
We’re recruiting now!
Recruiting for 2024
We are seeking a number of outstanding therapists to join our growing practice.
- Maybe you are already working independently and want to take on additional clients whilst benefiting from a team around you?
- Maybe you are considering independent work and want the security of working alongside other exceptional therapists?
- Maybe you’re feeling burnt out and are thinking about leaving the profession altogether and are hoping for one last chance to find somewhere that you can work with more time and freedom, whilst simultaneously being looked after yourself?
We are a well-established, growing practice, and for the right person we can offer the following:
- Small caseloads allowing you to deliver exceptional quality
- Supportive team made up of our lovely therapists who all enjoy a laugh together and are there when it counts
- Flexibility so you can do your non-client facing work from our bespoke centre or remotely
- Hours to suit. We can offer flexibility with your hours, so your work and life can fit together comfortably
- A contract with an established company, with over 6 years continuous growth, meaning you have job security
- A multidisciplinary team including teachers and clinical psychologists meaning plenty of ideas to draw on
- Genuine client relationships with families you can work with from assessment and throughout their therapeutic journey
- A meritocracy, meaning you can progress as fast as you want to and are rewarded for your development and expertise
- Oodles of support from our admin team to manage your diary allowing you to focus on clinical wok
- User-friendly IT. We have built a bespoke clinical records system designed for ease of use, which is so popular that other practices are now using it too!
- CPD through bi-monthly team training and the opportunity to attend external training courses too
- Social fun. As a team, we’ve been for afternoon tea, had our nails done, been for a walk along the river and had a Christmas dinner dance too.
This is an exciting chance for an exceptional therapist to join us. We are committed to your wellbeing and happiness. Please come and check us out and see if you think we’re the right fit for you.
The Expressive Child is an independent children’s Speech and Language Therapy practice based in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, providing professional support for children at our friendly clinic, in school or virtually anywhere in the world via Teletherapy.
All our team members are highly experienced and fully qualified Speech and Language Therapists (Cert.MRCSLT) who not only have outstanding clinical knowledge, but who also know how to build strong relationships with children and families.
We have experience of working with children who have needs ranging from difficulties pronouncing one single sound, to children with complex physical needs affecting their communication difficulties.
We are a small, nurturing, sociable team of clinicians committed to clinical excellence.
We pride ourselves on our work, but balance that with self-care and prioritising a good work-life balance.
• Caseload size is capped and daily appointments limited to ensure time is available for clinical planning and administration
• We have a bespoke caseload management system for notes and liaison with parents
• Our outstanding administrator is there to support you and free your time up for clinical work
• You will have access to your own laptop and phone for flexible working
• Hours are flexible and if you want time off to go to the gym in the middle of the day then we can accommodate that! Working from home is an option too
• Regular team social events, which have previously included meditation, dinner, afternoon tea, manicures/pedicures and more
• We have a clinical excellence programme for newly qualified therapists as part of induction
• Well-stocked resources and assessments
• Access to outstanding supervisors with a high level of clinical expertise across a wide range of areas
• Regular team CPD and meetings
• You will be a dynamic therapist, willing to learn and develop quickly, with a personality that allows you to quickly build rapport with families and children and engender confidence in your knowledge and skills.
• You will be an active member of the team, willing to help and contribute to the wellbeing and happiness of the other team members.
• You will be confident in delivering assessments and therapy in speech, language and social communication, in both school and preschool clinic settings.
• You will be able to see opportunities to help the company grow and develop, and feel comfortable suggesting new ideas to the team.
• You will be willing to go above and beyond expectations, with a dynamic, keen attitude.
• You will be willing to work in a range of environments to meet the needs of the clients and caseload, such as schools, clinics and families’ homes.